Award tag time! I love doing awards as it brings with it a nice cosy feeling of appreciation that your blogging is being read, by one person at least!
Side note; I really like the name for this award, very fitting with the season and the fact we are actually getting some sunshine here in England as of late – even if it means consistent hayfever, that is a price I am willing to pay.
I was tagged by the lovely Jacquie over at Rattle The Stars, one of my favouritest blogs (yep, so loved that deserved that made up word!), so I feel supremely lucky to have been tagged by them.
R U L E S
1. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
2. Nominate 11 blogs.
3. Ask them 11 questions.
Q U E S T I O N S
O N E – How often do you update your blog?
I aim for three times a week, with one of those posts being a Top 5 Wednesday, this is generally achievable unless I am behind on my reviews!
T W O – What’s the last book you bought because of its amazing cover artwork?
Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor. It has the most dreamy (completely intentional, I am not sorry), artwork I’ve seen on both a dust cover and actual hardcover and inside page, I’ve seen in such a long time.
T H R E E – Favourite historical time period?
I really love reading about Ancient Greece, or anything influenced by that. Or Medieval – Tudor/Stuart Britain also.
F O U R – Most disappointing read so far in 2017?
Snotgirl, was undoubtedly my least favourite, it just wasn’t something that I particularly enjoyed.
F I V E – What did you do on your last vacation?
I went to Side, Turkey with my boyfriend! It was our first holiday together, so we just enjoyed the lovely weather and free bar, it was a great little getaway for us.
S I X – Pirates or Assassins?
But what if they were both akin to Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag? I’ve read better books about assassins, watched better films and shows about pirates. If I were to choose, it would be assassins.
S E V E N – A series you used to love but don’t anymore?
I used to really love The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, but that’s definitely faded in the last few years.
E I G H T – What’s the longest book that you own?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling. It comes in at 870 pages, I believe this is the biggest book I own, unless I’m missing one!
N I N E – Which book do you plan on reading next?
I’m very much a mood reader, but as I’m reading a contemporary right now, it will most likely be one of a different genre; so it will be between
– The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
– Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor
– This Savage Song by V. E. Schwab
T E N – Unicorns or Mermaids
Ah, a much easier choice! Mermaids, as I’ve always wanted to be one!!
E L E V E N – Least favourite genre, why?
Uh, most smart-thinking types; sociology, psychology, philosophy. And the self-help/spiritual types. They are just not really my cup of tea. I read to escape – and these are far from escapist.
M Y Q U E S T I O N S
- Are you a Harry Potter fan? If so, what house are in?
- What is your current read, and what are your thoughts on it so far?
- What is your favourite colour, and why?
- Are you a Disney fan? If so, what is your favourite Disney song?
- What songs are your current favourites?
- What do you think your next book purchase/borrow will be?
- Do you have a favourite flower? Or one that you just find pretty that popped into your head when you read this question?
- Do you have a pet? Alternatively, do you want one/more?
- Modern or historical settings?
- What books have been on your TBR list the longest?
- Tea, coffee, neither?
N O M I N A T I O N S
- Hilary @ Ravishing Tales
- Ali @ I Wuv Books
- Chanda @ Chanda Reads
- Mish @ Bibliophile Mish
- Angie Elle @ Books and Beauty Are My Bag
- Breanna @ Pages Bound Together
- Angie @ The Bookish Feels
- Joanne @ YA Guitarist
- Karina @ Afire Pages
- Savana @ The Biblio Life
- Books Are All You Need